Signed in pencil 'F.L. Griggs' lower right and titled bottom left. From the edition of 45 in this the third state. Printed in black ink on thick laid paper.
Bearing the Doverís House Press stamp, on verso, and numbered XLIV in ink.
At the the end of the 19th century, Owlpen Manor, one of the most romantic early manor houses in England, became celebrated as an icon of the†Arts and Crafts movement. In 1925, the Owlpen estate was sold to Norman Jewson, a friend of Griggs, and a distinguished Cotswold Arts and Crafts movement† architect who had worked with†Ernest Gimson†and the brothers Sidney and Ernest Barnsley. Griggs dedicated this print, in the first state, to Jewson.
ĎAn incomparable paradise' - Algernon Swinburne