Printed on laid paper. Unsigned. One of only three known proofs in this state.
The pub The Duke's Head, today called The Duke of Cumberland, stands across Parson's Green from Belfield House, Roussel's home between 1891 and 1914. In his etching, the artist exaggerated the proportions vertically, so the pub appears more imposing than it does in reality.
|Image Size/Plate Size||19 x 22.2 cm|
|Sheet Size||21.3 x 24.2 cm|
|Reference||Hausberg 70, State IX/XVI|
|Provenance||Phillip Lyon Roussel|
|Collections||British Museum, National Gallery, Washington and New York Public Library|